When you hit on a scam, more often than not there are maybe 10 or 20 other ‘sister’ companies underneath so I’m putting together info on each.
This list will grow and be updated on a regular basis. If you have personal experience with any – good or bad – please share your story. Your story could help my readers with the difficult task of figuring out who to trust with their work.
Any house listed will have to have a great deal of reported abuse and any and all research will be available upon request. By clicking on each publishing house you will be directed to a series of sites/reports/author experiences in order for you to draw your own conclusion.
The Attorney General (Florida) took action against the following ‘publishers’ after receiving complaints from authors around the world:
- The Literary Agency Group,
- Author Marketing Ideas.com
- Writer’s Literary & Publishing Services,
- The New York Literary Agency,
- The Children’s Literary Agency,
- Poets Literary Agency,
- Writer’s Literary Screenplay Agency,
- The Christian Literary Agency,
- Rapid Publishing Screenwriter911,
- Rapid Publishing Inc,
- The Global Agency,
- American Enterprises Group LLD,
- The Writer’s Literary & Publishing Company,
- AEG Publishing Group,
- Eloquent Books,
- Strategic Book Publishing (used to be Strategic Book Marketing)
- The Global Book
- The Right Agenda
- iUniverse (complaints as recent as 5/31/12)
- Authorhouse (otherwise known as xLibris)
- Trafford Publishing
- Wordclay reports include altering ISBN numbers to steal royalties
LULU - numerous complaints. They have an entire page dedicated just for them.